Saturday, August 20, 2011

...and baby makes three!

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting our first child in early March 2012! It was a complete shock to us, but we couldn't be more happy!

We found out on July 4th. We had just come back from our friends' wedding in Northwest Arkansas. I wasn't having any symptoms really, except that I was late and I had super human smelling! I remember while we were at the wedding reception (which was outside) I started smelling cow poop. It was SO strong! I was looking around....no cows. So I said to the group "it smells like a herd of cows!" and everyone just looked at me weird. I know I have always had a pretty sensitive nose, but this was insane! After the wedding I wanted to change into comfy clothes, which were in Matt's bag (he was the Best Man). So I walked into the groom's room to get my clothes and MY WORD the room smelt so strongly of pee!! It smelt like a public bathroom to me..you know the nasty kind in a sketchy gas station. So I told the guys...they smelt nothing. The girls who were in there weren't saying anything either. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

On the morning of July 4th I had slept in late, Matt was already up and watching TV in the living room. I woke up and grabbed a pregnancy test we already had and just decided to see what it would say (I honestly thought I wasn't pregnant, because I felt fine!) The box says to wait like 3 minutes....well I saw 2 pink lines after about 10 seconds! I think my heart stopped for a little bit. Me? Having a baby? No way! I instantly felt 12 years old again and didn't feel old enough. Don't get me wrong, I was very excited, just shocked as well! I walked into the living room holding the stick and simply said "we're going to have a baby!" Matt was shocked as well but so excited! We didn't wait very long before calling my parents to tell them the exciting news, and then we had lunch with Matt's family and told them during that time. Everyone was so excited!




I am 11 weeks today, and the due date is around March 8, 2012! I'm going to try really hard to do the weekly updates with belly shots, but let's be honest, I'm the worst blogger! This precious baby just might be changing that though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...