
I am 16 weeks pregnant! Like I always say, time is flying! This has been a pretty good week, still inching my way to feeling like myself again. Earlier in the week I was worried because my stomach seemed to shrink, but the next morning I woke up and laughed when I looked in the mirror. I looked huge! I'm growing out the back and in my hips! Usually in the mornings I look pretty small, then by the time I go to bed I am massive. I am ready to have the round baby bump, and not this weird in-between stage where I can't really fit into normal pants and I can't quite fit into maternity clothes. I just look and feel fat haha.
For a comparison, here I am at 12 weeks wearing the same top!

Last night we went bowling with some friends (I didn't play because I haven't felt good all day) but we had so much fun and Matt won! We had a little fun with the bowling balls...

It weirds me out that I will probably actually be that big one day! The ball was a 9 pounder...hopefully our baby will NOT be that big haha!
This week our little one's limbs are much more developed and the legs and arms are getting longer. The skeletal system is developing more as calcium is deposited onto the bones. Over the next couple of weeks our baby's weight will double! (And i'm sure momma's weight will double too! ha!)
Size of baby: avocado (4.6 inches and 3.5 ounces)
Total weight gain: I'm guessing it's more like 4 pounds now.
Maternity Clothes: Still not wearing "true" maternity clothes. I'm using the belly band everyday, and i'm wearing "maternity" tank tops just because they are longer.
Boy or Girl? 2 more weeks! I am getting more nervous and excited each day!
Movement: I didn't feel any flutters this week, which makes me worry, but it also makes me wonder if what I felt last week was really the baby?
Sleep: This week i've been practicing for when the baby is here. I am waking up every 2 hours (or less) and I can't seem to get comfortable. It's very annoying because we don't have a cute baby to wake up to, I am just waking up for no reason! I also read in my pregnancy book that starting at week 15-16 weeks I shouldn't sleep on my back. Y'all, I was doing so good with only sleeping on my side, but after reading that it's all I WANT to do now! I keep waking up on my back and it freaks me out. I notice pressure and weird pains when i'm on my back. Matt has woken me up a few times telling me to switch to my side. Time to buy a pregnancy pillow or build a fort around me!
Anything you miss? Sleeping on my back, haha!
Cravings? Not many cravings this week. It's been pretty weird, I can't think of anything I want to eat, and I have to make myself excited about what i'm about to eat in order for me to actually eat it. I've been eating lots of salad this week because it's the only thing that really sounds good.
Symptoms: I am still dealing with the drop in blood pressure, and it makes me extremely weak and dizzy. It's just a weird feeling. Yesterday I woke up with nausea AND the drop in blood pressure all at the same time. It was pretty miserable! Also still having the stretching pains.
Any fears? I just hope our little one is doing good in there! I'm not as worried as I have been, just because my symptoms have come back. Still worrying I won't be a good mommy though.
Best moment of the week: Buying the first toys for mini Morrison!! It was SO much fun picking them out :)
LOL @ the bowling ball. Jacob was 9lbs 9oz I pretty much looked like ... THAT! lol
ReplyDeleteWow! 2 weeks!!?? can't wait!
Why did the book say not to lay on your back? I don't think I've heard that one.
The book says to not lay on your back because it can cause blood circulation problems and the baby can sit on your aorta vein and can cut off circulation to the uterus and the baby. It scared me enough to not want to lay on my back! haha
ReplyDeleteYou will find that THAT book will rule your life if you let it. Girl, I am 29 weeks and HUGE. My hands fall asleep so I sleep on my back most nights and my back hurts no more than normal. Sleeping on your back WON'T hurt the baby. The first pregnancy is the worst. Don't eat lunch meat, do drink sweet n' low, don't eat cheese... It's an insane amount of silly info. and all it does is drive us crazy! This is number 2 for me and it has been a much smoother ride:) Good luck!
ReplyDelete