Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

I have always loved the 4th of July, it is my second favorite holiday and now it is extra special to me since it was the day we found out we were pregnant with our sweet little Caleb! We were so excited and we were also scared out of our minds. I felt like I was suddenly 6 years old again, but we can't imagine life without him. It's so weird how it seems like he has always been part of our family, yet we've only known him for 17 weeks.



It is so crazy to me that just a year ago he was no bigger than a jelly bean, and now he is just 3 days shy of being 4 months old and holding the American flag all by himself! My GOSH time needs to slow the heck down!

We wanted to make his first 4th of July special and fun, even though he won't remember it, we will have the pictures to show him later. We started the day off bright and early, put him in his red, white and blue, and headed to the Plano parade! Matt's parents live so close to the parade route that you can walk to it from their house, so we met up at their house and walked over to the parade with them. I felt like a little kid too, haha, because I haven't been to a parade in a very very long time!


I knew it was going to be hot during the parade, so we bought a stroller clip on fan and some cool shades for Caleb. He was one cool dude (and a little spoiled hehe). This was his first time sitting in his stroller like a big boy and he loved looking forward haha. He did awesome during the parade, and only fussed once when one float came by with a lady yelling through a megaphone (I don't blame him, she was annoying). I wish I had brought my nice camera to the parade, but I left it behind since I felt like we were already bringing half his nursery with us. So here are some iPhone pics. 



After the parade we went back to their house to have a cookout! It was so much fun, and everyone loved watching Caleb during lunch. He was definitely the entertainment all day! This is such a fun age, and as much as I want time to go slow, I can't wait to see him become more and more interactive in the coming months. We all had so much fun today that we are now making it a new tradition. I can't believe this time next year he will be walking and will enjoy the parade a whole lot more! 

Happy 4th of July everyone! 










2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...