I work on Thursdays and Caleb stays with Matt's parents. Thankfully Matt's office is 2 minutes from their house, so he was able to get over there before I could. He called the doctor and got an appointment made for the afternoon. I left work early so I could go to the appointment with him and Mimi.
When I got to their house he looked the worst I've ever seen him. He was so pale and just stared out at nothing. He was even letting Mimi cradle him like a baby which he hasn't let us do for quite some time now!
At the appointment they checked his oxygen levels because he was so pale and his lips were a light blue color. Those came back normal, thank goodness. Then they checked his weight, he is 18 pounds 12 ounces (which puts him in the 32nd percentile). His doctor said he had a vagal response, which means he wasn't getting enough blood to his brain because of stress on the body. After we learned that, we told his doctor how he had plopped his head down on Mimi's chest right after throwing up earlier that morning. His doctor said he actually had fainted! I felt so bad for him!
Matt has a disorder called vasovagal imbalance (I'm not sure on the spelling) which basically means he easily passes out when there is any stress on his body. Caleb is too young for us to know if he has that or not, but we will keep an eye on it for sure.
At the end of the appointment his doctor said he has a stomach bug and prescribed him with some medicine to stop the vomiting. It's working so far and he's even acting like his normal self again and begging for more food! It's been a crazy day, but I'm thankful our little guy is doing better!

This was right after the WORST diarrhea blowout he's ever had. There are just some things you can't un-smell. Sorry for the TMI, but after that diaper change everyone needs to suffer a little bit with us :)

Playing with his daddy's old car game, it still works! On sick days you're allowed to do whatever you want!

No comments:
Post a Comment